SW engineering, engineering management and the business of software
Inspired by: http://blog.fogus.me/2019/12/30/the-best-things-and-stuff-of-2019/
Related: 2019 Year in Review.
- 1 months full time
- ? months working on dashboard.tv
- Used Go. Many many many thousands of lines
- sh, bash. High hundreds or low thousands of lines
- Tailwind CSS & Tailwind UI. (normally I don’t consider CSS or CSS libraries a language, but tailwind is a different mindset. It’s almost anti-CSS)
- Number of blog posts: ???
- Personal Journal Entries: ???
Popular Content by me:
Content I’m proud of:
So I got sick the second week of March. I don’t know if it was Covid-19 or just a flu because there was no access to testing. the whole family got it, but recovered in about 4-5 days.
Mental health much better
During shelter in place orders, I tried to go for 1hr walks (keeping the 6ft distance) with the family. Did this most days.
Best Blog posts read
Best Books Read
- BangBangConWest 2020 (Managed to sneak this one in late Feb.)
Recap: Todo in 2020
- Principles by Ray Diallo
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- More Elixir
- Ask for help more. Especially from strangers.
- Learn more awk
- 24 or more blog posts
- Average a tweet a day
- Write more about recruiting
- Write more about engineering management
- Automate some of the stats in this post (tweets, blog posts, maybe books read?)
- Play around with Raspberry Pi more
- Get back into meditation habit at some point in the year
Todo in 2021
you may also be interested in some of the greatest hits of amattn.com: